Updated 10/20/2012 02:36 PM
Judge delays trial for Durham man accused of murdering pregnant wife
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
DURHAM--The trial for a Durham man accused of killing his pregnant wife seven years ago will not be held until 2013.
Raven Abaroa is accused of stabbing his wife Janet inside their Durham home in 2005.
He was arrested and charged with murder in 2010.
The trial was expected to start the week of October 29 and Abaroa was in court on Friday for a judge to hear pre-trial motions.
Cameras were not allowed in court, but videos captured sheriff's deputies escorting the Abaroa in his orange jumpsuit out of the courtroom to go back to jail.
Janet Abaroa's family was also in court for the hearing, wiping away tears after today's developments.
They declined to talk with the public as they left the courtroom.
Abaroa's defense attorney asked for a continuance, telling the judge he had just, earlier in October, received more than 10,000 pages of scientific notes and reports from the SBI lab.
The defense attorney said he hadn't had enough time to read all of it, much less have scientific experts analyze it.
The assistant district attorney told the judge that Janet's family has been waiting more than seven years for justice in the case.
She also said some of the family members aren't in good health and Janet's family shouldn't have to suffer any longer, waiting for the trial.
The judge ruled the defense needs more time to adequately review those scientific reports.
He delayed the trial until January, nearly eight years after Janet was stabbed to death.