Blue Cheese Compound Butter
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
• 8 oz. butter, at room temperature
• 2 shallots, finely minced
• 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
• 8 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
• 1 tsp grated or finely chopped zest of lemon
• juice of 1 lemon
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon minced parsely
Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter gently in a small sauteuse over medium-low heat. Add the shallot and garlic; cook until just tender and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer the garlic and shallot to bowl of mixer with paddle attachment. Add the remaining butter, blue cheese, lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper and parsley. Mix well. Turn mixture out onto 1/2 piece of parchment paper. Shape into a log and roll up in the paper. Refrigerate until needed. Slice into rounds to top hot steaks off the grill.