Applesauce oatmeal cookies with dried cranberries
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
SERVES: Makes 30 cookies
• 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 3 cups oats
• 1 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and then, instead of 2 sticks of room temperature butter, use a large mixing bowl to combine unsweetened applesauce with light brown sugar, eggs and vanilla and whisk tht up.
2. At that point, add the all-purpose flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt and mix that to combine.
3. And finally, add oats and dried cranberries and mix that until everything is completely combined.
4. Divide the dough onto two baking trays and place the trays into the preheated oven. They'll take just about 14 minutes to bake and you'll want to switch the trays from top to bottom about halfway through.
5. Let them cool down on the trays for a couple of minutes and then transfer them to cooling racks to finish cooling down.
HINTS: You can use quick-cooking or old fashioned oats for this recipe.