Let's Cook: Roasted tomatillo salsa
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
Roasted tomatillo salsa (makes one pint of salsa, eight servings)
•1 small onion
•1 bunch cilantro
•4 ounces lime juice (as needed)
•salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean tomatillo and onion, cut each in half brush with olive oil and place cut side down on lined sheet pan.
2. Roast at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until lightly brown and blistered.
3. Remove from oven, place in sauce pan and bring to low simmer.
4. Once vegetables are soft, puree with immersion blender.
5. Finish with chopped cilantro, lime juice and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
6. Allow time for salsa to cool before serving.