Let's Cook: Slow cooker refried black beans
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
Slow cooker refried black beans
INGREDIENTS (serves nine, 4 ounce portions)
• 3 cans black beans
• 1 yellow onion, finely diced
• 1 tbsp bacon fat
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 tsp white vinegar
1. In sauté pan, melt bacon fat.
2. When fat is hot, add onions and sweat until translucent.
3. Add onions to crock pot with drained black beans and seasonings.
4. Cook on low until beans are soft and mashable.
5. Use either a potato masher, food mill or immersion blender to puree the beans.
6. Check for seasoning and adjust with salt and vinegar.
7. Serve with fresh chopped scallions and queso fresca.