Let's Cook: Crab and corn chowder
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
Corn and Crab Chowder (makes 8 servings)
• 8 oz bacon
• 1/2 cup diced onion
• 2 peeled and diced russet potatoes
• 3 oz (as needed) flour
• 2 qt crab stock
• 2 cups corn
• 1 package crab meat, backfin
• 8 oz cream
• salt & pepper to taste
• chives, garnish
• Olde Bay, garnish
1. Render bacon in sauce pot, once bacon fat is melted, remove meat.
2. Sweat onion until translucent, add potatoes and coat in fat.
3. Singer with flour to pick up fat and form white roux.
4. Whisk in crab stock.
5. Add corn and cook until potatoes are tender.
6. Temper in heavy cream and fold in crab meat.
7. Serve garnished with chives and Olde Bay.