Let's Cook: Cold avocado soup
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
• 3 large, ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
• 1/4 cup minced scallions
• 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
• 2 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
• 2 tbsp. minced fresh mint
• 1 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. fresh black pepper
1. In batches in a food processor, puree the avocados, stock, scallions, lime juice, cilantro, mint, salt and pepper.
2. In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
3. Chill for at least 2 hours and adjust seasoning to taste, if necessary.
4. Garnish with diced tomato and minced cilantro.