Brownies topped with whipped mascarpone cheese, fresh cherries
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
• 10 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
• 2 sticks of cubed unsalted butter
• 2 1/8 cups (18 Tbs) sugar
• 2 tsp vanilla
• 5 large eggs
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 3 Tbs cocoa powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 8-ounce tub mascarpone cheese
• 1/4 cup heavy cream
• Pitted cherries
• Fresh chopped mint
1. Get about 1 inch of water simmering in a large pot on the stovetop and add the semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips to a large stainless steel bowl. Add the cubed, unsalted butter to that and stir it around, over the double boiler, until everything has melted and mixed together.
2. Just as it has melted together, take it off of the stove and add and whisk in 2 cups sugar, and then the vanilla and the large eggs, one at a time.
3. Next, add the flour, cocoa powder and salt and mix that together until combined.
4. Transfer it to a buttered 9 x 13-inch baking dish and place that onto the center rack of a 350 degree preheated oven. That will take just about 20 to 22 minutes to bake. Use a toothpick to check it for doneness.
5. Once the brownies are cooling down, use an electric mixer to cream the mascarpone cheese with 2 Tbs sugar and the heavy cream, using the paddle attachment, not the whisk.
6. Serve the cooled, cut brownies with a dollop of the mascarpone right on top and finish with a spoonful of pitted cherries tossed with a little sugar and fresh chopped mint.